Students of the following faculties study at the Department of Infectious and Children’s Infectious Diseases:
In the day-to-day activity of the doctor, clinical, epidemiological, diagnostic and preventive aspects of infectious diseases are the main focus. In connection with this, the section “Infectious and childhood infectious diseases” is included in the doctor’s training program. In this training program, the issues of the etiology, epidemiology and pathogenesis of the most common infectious diseases, the main clinical symptoms of infectious diseases, their diagnosis, differential diagnostic aspects, the provision of necessary medical care, as well as the basis for prevention and rehabilitation are widely covered. The doctor is in constant communication with patients, while the knowledge of ethics and deontology helps the doctor in daily practical work.
The purpose of training:
Preparation of a doctor on the main aspects of infectious pathology, development of skills for primary epidemiological and clinical diagnosis of common and imported infections and parasitic diseases in our Republic.
Ability to correctly collect epidemics, rational use of instrumental and laboratory methods of research in primary health care, training of rational therapy for home treatment, urgent before hospitalized help, study of prevention tools.
– Formation of knowledge on etiology, pathogenesis, pathological anatomy, classification, clinic, complications, outcomes and treatment, prevention.
– Developing skills for collecting complaints, epidemics, clinical examination of patients according to body systems.
– Development of skills to identify the main clinical symptoms and interpretation of laboratory-instrumental diagnostic criteria of the disease.
– Development of skills for substantiating and formulating preliminary and clinical diagnoses.
– Formation of knowledge on the principles of differential diagnosis and the setting of a final diagnosis.
– To teach correctly to interpret the results of laboratory research.
– To teach diagnosis and treatment tactics in emergency conditions of infectious diseases.
– To teach the rules of dispensary surveillance of convalescents, criteria for recovery and discharge to work.